Like you, I subscribe to several “tips of the week.” This morning I received one from Bill Meyers. I was already working on my own “tip of the week” when his showed up. It’s good. I am going to postpone mine and share his. You really can change your life, my friends. Here’s one way to do it:
Your New Year’s Resolutions
If you haven’t already done so, it’s time to come up with your new year’s resolutions. Here’s what I suggest.
1. Write down a list of things you want to accomplish in 2017. Not monetary goals, but specific things like ‘write a book’, ‘upload 100 videos to YouTube’, ‘lose 40 pounds’. The more specific the items on your list, the more likely you’ll actually achieve them.
2. Develop and pursue a ‘template of success’ to achieve your goals – Search out others who have succeeded at what you’re trying to do and use their steps as your own roadmap to success.
3. Specialize in something – If you want clients and customers beating a path to your door, specialize in a skill they’ll need and likely not have themselves. (Dwane here. This one is huge. This is the reason I only teach Latin and Greek online.)
4. Start thinking about the long term – Ask yourself, “Where do I want to be five years from now?” Then ask, “What do I need to start doing today in order to reach that goal?” Whatever your answer, start following a plan to get you where you want to be.
5. Be ready to adapt to changing conditions. – Life is full of unexpected surprises – some pleasant and some not so pleasant. Hope for the best, prepare for the worst and be adaptable as the world changes around you.
6. Never forget that life is for living – Don’t let the pursuit of money or possessions cause you to lose your family, your health, or your personal freedom. Keep things in perspective. Value your family and relationships, build for the future and don’t let life pass you by.
Have a great 2017!
Dwane Thomas’ Tip of the Week, January 7, 2017
If you are learning Latin, I have written a book with all of my best tips and strategies. It’s available as a free download here: https://dwanethomas.com/via/
If you are interested in learning Latin, you can go through the classes on my site 24/7. I recommend the book Lingua Latina by Hans Ørberg. If you tackle the book and find yourself bogged down, you may find the classes on my site helpful. To join, just click here: https://dwanethomas.com/join/
If you want a more professionally filmed experience, check out the best-selling DVD series: Visual Latin.
Or, if you want to skip Latin, and just jump right into learning English words from Latin and Greek roots, you may enjoy the series Word up! Warning. Word up! is a bit wacky. You will learn a lot… but, you may find yourself rolling your eyes, too.