Thanks for Joining My List!
As promised, you can now download my e-book. Before download, read further below for information about the book and what others have said about it.
About the Book
Do you want to learn Latin? You have chosen a good goal.
Unfortunately, choosing the goal is often harder than reaching the goal. You know this already.
I have taught Latin for over two decades. Latin is one of my favorite subjects.
However, Latin has also made me sad. It has made me sad, because, year after year, I watch students struggle with the language.
Sometimes it is Latin that causes trouble for my students. More often, my students cause their own troubles.
They blame Latin. Latin is too hard, they complain.
Latin is not always the problem. After all, it is a language. It is a grammar system and a vocabulary system just like Spanish, French, and Russian.
I have been teaching Latin for a long time now. I have taught very successful students who are now fluent in multiple languages. But, I have also taught students who did not finish.
I want you to be among the students who are now fluent in multiple languages. I want you to succeed.
Now, in my 112-page e-book, I reveal the secrets to maximizing your efforts while learning Latin.
In it you will discover:
- Why setting clear goals is so important. Page 10
- How much time it actually takes to learn another language . . . in this case, Latin. Page 20
- How to create more time for yourself so that you can learn Latin. Chapter 1
- How to use those “wasted minutes” during the day. Page 26
- How to develop the habits that will make learning Latin automatic. Chapter 2.
- Why language “immersion” does not always work. Page 43.
- How to recognize the tools of the internet age. Page 45.
- What to listen to as you learn Latin. Page 53.
- What you should read as you learn Latin. Page 55.
- How to read the news in Latin. Page 61.
- Why there are “two” Latin pronunciations. Page 72.
- Where to go for help when you are stuck. Page 95.
- Why you are not too old to learn Latin. Page 107.
- And more…
What Others Have Said
“I’m reading your book, Via, and I’m very impressed. It is a wonderful life-help book and not just for languages. I’ve never been a very disciplined person, so it will take lots of baby steps; however, your book gives me hope for change. I’m going to have my husband read it in addition to my daughter.”
Love it. Challenged & inspired by it… For Latin, but definitely regarding other endeavors. Can’t wait to have my teen boys read it. Favorite humorous quote (from you) so far in the book: “As the Mayans taught us, if you don’t finish your work, it’s not the end of the world.” Love it.
“Today, as I finished reading your book, I realized a big part of what had been missing for me in my Latin study. Your book has assured me that I am doing a few things right – I have some good tools collected, but I need a more specific goal and a better plan. Your book IS a training plan for Latin, just like those marathon training plans I copied from experienced runners. What you have created is an important work! It has implications beyond language study. I am excited about your book. I know how much it is going to help me and others like me. People who really want to become fluent, but who have become frustrated by a lack of direction. I can’t wait to recommend your book to friends.”