I received this question:
My daughter is halfway through 3rd Form Latin from Memoria press. She has been trying to just do it without any instruction. I am thinking of switching to your Visual Latin but not sure where to start. She is 15, and a strong Latin student.
What would you recommend?
Here is my reply:
I am not exactly sure what 3rd form Latin covers.
I usually recommend students start with Visual Latin one since Visual Latin moves rapidly. Here are the table of contents for Visual Latin one and two:
Specific lessons include:
A. Why Study Latin?
B. How Does Visual Latin Work?
1. Being Verbs Basics | To Be and Not to Be
2. Being Verbs Basics | Predicate Nominatives and Adjectives
3. Gender | Boy Words and Girl Words
4. Singular and Plural | E Pluribus Unum
5. Declensions | Meet the Cases
6. Adjectives Learn to Agree with Nouns
7. The Case Files | Nominative and Genitive
8. Counting to 10 in Latin
9. Active Verb Basics | Indicative Mood
10. The Case Files | Accusative
11. The Case Files | Vocative
12. Changing Your Moods | Imperative & Indicative
13. The Case Files | Ablative
14. Meet the Pronouns & Question Words
15. Pronouns | Relative
16. Accusing Prepositions of Accusative Case
17. Verbs | Active & Passive
18. The Case Files | Dative
19. Pronouns | 1st & 2nd Person Personal
20. Pronouns | 3rd Person Personal
21. Pronouns | Demonstratives: this, these
22. Pronouns | Demonstratives: that, those
23. Pronouns | Relative and Interrogative
24. Pronouns | Possessive
25. Nouns | 3rd Declension
26. Verbs | Infinitives – Active & Passive
27. Verbs | Infinitives – Ability, Negation & Indirect
28. Nouns | 3rd Declension – Neuter
29. Nouns | 4th Declension
30. Adjectives | Positive & Comparative
This is where Visual Latin one ends.
Visual Latin two covers some complicated Latin grammar.
31. Nouns | 5th Declension & Superlative Adjectives
32. Adjectives | Irregular Comparison
33. 1 to 100 | Cardinals, Ordinals, and Fractions
34. Pronouns | Reflexive
35. Adjectives | Indefinite & Irregular
36. Conjugations and Macrons
37. Verbs | Present Tense
38. Verbs | Imperfect Tense
39. Verbs | Future Tense
40. Verbs | Four Principle Parts Review
41. Present Participles
42. The Rest of the Participles
44. More Infinitives
45. Perfect Tense
46. Pluperfect Tense
47. Future Perfect Tense
48. Volo, Nolo, Marco Polo
49. Deponent Verbs
50. Impersonal Verbs
53. Introduction to Subjunctive
54. Ut and Ne
55. Imperfect Subjunctive
57. Perfect, Fear and Cum
58. Pluperfect, Indirect Discourse
59. Verbs | Ablative Absolute
60. Verbs | Fio, Comparative Subjunctive
I hate to suggest that you review all you have learned, but since I do not know what the three forms from Memoria press cover, I cannot tell you that it will be safe to start in Visual Latin two.
I hope the table of contents help.
Happy to help if you have any more questions.