Dwane Thomas’ Tip of the Week – December 23, 2017
This is a good time of the year to stop and think. It’s a good time of the year to turn the noise off and spend time with the people you love.
I was recently tipped off by another blogger to this great post. The author reminds us to leave time in our lives for what is important.
- Carve time in your week for margin. Write “Unscheduled Time” in your calendar and stick to it.
- Live on 80% of your income. Give another 10% of it away, and put the last 10% in a separate account to respond to emergencies or whatever God may prompt your heart toward.
- Know yourself. What drains you? What fills you up? Schedule time to refill your tank with activities that add life to you.
- Minimize the number of life-sucking people around you. It’s okay to have some relationships where you do all the giving and none of the receiving, but you’ll live a sad, lonely life if all your relationships are like that.
- Every now and then, turn off the noise. Schedule an electronic detox on occasion, and take time to listen to God, others, and yourself.
Here is the full article: http://leadingsmart.com/leadingsmart/livewithmargin
After you read it, give yourself some margin time. Turn your phone, or computer off and go spend time with your family.
I hope you have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!
By the way, I am going to bring the “Word of the Day” back in January. I will be posting the words on my blog. To join the party, just follow my blog. Just go to my site and subscribe on the left-hand side: https://dwanethomas.com/.
I also need help getting back into the habit of rising early. I’ve lost it of late. I am going to be testing some early morning classes next week. I need to test the internet in my new house before classes start again in January. For anyone interested in rising early for the history of English words, you can experiment with me next week. I will be offering a free series of classes (every morning at 5 am central time zone) for a week, or so. We will see how it goes. If I decide to continue, this series will be available to all current subscribers. While I am testing interest, it is available to anyone. Register here: https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/8840669810217399041