Years ago, I followed Bill Myers. He no longer posts online. He retired from the internet.
Long before he retired, he posted a short article on how to hit your goals. He posted this article ten years ago, in 2013. Since human nature does not change, his ideas still work.
We like to set resolutions for the new year. The resolutions do not often last that long. I believe, for the most part, we drop our resolutions because we are not specific enough. And, we don’t write them down. If you have lost momentum already, maybe this short article will motivate you to get back on track.
Six Resolutions for the New Year
1. Write down a list of the specific things you want to accomplish in 2013. Not monetary goals, but specific goals like ‘write a book’, ‘produce a DVD’, ‘upload 20 videos to YouTube’, etc. The more specific the goal, the more likely you’ll actually achieve it.
2. Develop and pursue a ‘template of success’ to reach your goals – Search out others who have succeeded at what you’re trying to do, and use their steps as your own roadmap to success.
3. Specialize in something – If you want clients and customers beating a path to your door, specialize in a skill that they’ll need and likely not have themselves.
Make yourself the ‘go-to’ person within your specialty and your clients will appreciate it.
4. Start thinking about the long term – Ask yourself, “Where do I want to be five years from now?”
And then, “What do I need to start doing today in order to reach that goal?” Whatever your answer, think about it and start following a plan to get you where you want to be.
5. Be ready to adapt to changing conditions. – Life is full of unexpected surprises – some pleasant and some not-so-pleasant. Hope for the best, prepare for the worst, and be adaptable as the world changes around you.
6. Never forget that life is for living – Don’t let the pursuit of money or possessions cause you to lose your family, your health, or your personal freedom.
You can always figure out a way to make money, but you can’t always figure out ways to regain lost relationships, good health, or get out of jail.
So keep things in perspective. Value your family and relationships, build for the future, but don’t let life pass you by. www.bmyers.com
If you are learning Latin, I have written a book with all of my best tips and strategies. It’s available as a free download here: https://dwanethomas.com/via/
If you are interested in learning Latin, you can go through the classes on my site 24/7. I recommend the book Lingua Latina by Hans Ørberg. If you tackle the book and find yourself bogged down, you may find the classes on my site helpful. To join, just click here: https://dwanethomas.com/join/
If you want a more professionally filmed experience, check out the best-selling DVD series: Visual Latin.
Or, if you want to skip Latin, and just jump right into learning English words from Latin and Greek roots, you may enjoy the series Word up! Warning. Word up! is a bit wacky. You will learn a lot… but, you may find yourself rolling your eyes, too.
By the way, some of the links in this post are affiliate links. Not trying to pull a fast one on you. I only promote what I believe in.