I realized after I read your email that I needed to streamline. If you are confused, many people are confused. So, I have begun the process of cleaning up my site. I want everything to be crystal-clear to my students.
In the past, I left old classes up in case students needed to go back and watch them. Now, I will simply post the most current class and delete the others. This will eliminate some of the confusion.
I also sent a separate syllabus in the past. But, this meant that students had to go to the syllabus, then go to my site. Now, I have updated my site so that the homework instructions will be included at the beginning of each lesson.
For example, this is from lesson one:
Work outside of class will basically be the same every week.
- First, learn the vocabulary for the chapter. In this case, learn the vocabulary for chapter 1. Use this: https://quizlet.com/144842514/lingua-latina-cap-i-flash-cards/
- Second, read the chapter we are in. Read it once a day. We will spend two weeks in every chapter until we reach chapter 27. During those two weeks, read the chapter we are in every day.
- Third, attempt Pensum C at the end of the chapter.
- Fourth, compare your answers to the answers in the “Student Answer” section. This week, that section is here: https://dwanethomas.com/module-1/student-answes-capitulum-1-pensum-c/
- Fifth, take the quiz.
- Sixth, get some help in the forum if you are confused. There will be others in there who can help. I also try to stop by once a day. Here is the forum: https://dwanethomas.com/forums/forum/lingua-latina/
- Seventh, if you are really struggling, there is an audio translation of the book. Use this only if you truly need it. Here you are:http://www.lingvalatina.com/p/llpsi-translations.html
That’s it! Be patient with yourself. It takes time to learn Latin. Thousands of others have done it. You can, too.
I have also made it clear that many of the extra videos on my site are just that. They are extra. They are optional. They are not required.
The homework assignment, like the one you see above, will rarely change. The content will change, but the structure will not.